Hey-

Welcome to my blog. This is my thoughts, prayers, and what I learn. God is an amazing God, the one true God. My life is nothing without Him. My heart's desire is to win this city for Him. To glorify Him in all I do. Enjoy, take a peek at some of my stuff. Leave a comment. Answer the poll. Just enjoy!

13 August, 2010

No More Sunday School Answers...

Today, a thought crossed my mind. How should I look? No, I wasn't deciding what to wear, straighten or curl my hair, or even how to do makeup. No I was thinking about me, how I appear in all my manners and character to those around me. Mary Magdalene was passionate in her relationship with Christ, she sought to love and serve Him. Christ stood up when Steven was dying, stood in Heaven. I am positive all of Heaven saw Jesus stand through His moment of sheer pain and joy for Steven's death. Steven would once again be close to Him, right there with Him.

"By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."- John 13:35.

This verse ran through my head all day. I don't need the perfect answer to every question, matter of fact, I don't want the answer if my heart isn't behind it. LOVE. Love is what brought Jesus to this Earth, Love lead Him to the cross and Love raised Him from the dead. What am I if I don't love? Who am I if I don't have love? These thoughts began to soak in my brain. I wonder what life is like without love. Anyone can give a Sunday school answer to any question, anyone can memorize doctrine and theology, there's no real challenge. What if I learned to love those I don't understand? What if I learned to be kind to the one no one sees? Am I being a Christian? When do my motives change?

I usually love glory. I love being commented and praised. Words of affirmation are my love language. I also don't always let God speak them to me. I love when other people do though, oh how I crave and admire receiving attention from people. However, the words of men and women never satisfy. It is lacking. The words from God though, now there, there is my true joy. I love when I am sitting in my room, walking down the street, riding my bike, or watching my nephews play and I hear God's voice. Telling me how much He loves me, how beautiful I am, how excited He is for the future, for today. The small moments I think of Him and just tell Him, "I love you,". Letting God's love wash over me throughout the day in small ways are my treasure. When I open my heart to Him throughout the day, it is open to share Him throughout the day. Did you catch that? Share HIM! Not religion, not theology, not scriptures, HIM. Just pure love. I know in my heart that God is pure love. He made me in love and walks with me in Love.

Today, take a moment to open your heart when you normally wouldn't. Open your mind to Him and watch how He flows into your heart, then His love overflows onto a much needy heart. Be the light and love you were called to be. You don't need the right answers or words. All you need is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment