Hey-

Welcome to my blog. This is my thoughts, prayers, and what I learn. God is an amazing God, the one true God. My life is nothing without Him. My heart's desire is to win this city for Him. To glorify Him in all I do. Enjoy, take a peek at some of my stuff. Leave a comment. Answer the poll. Just enjoy!

27 July, 2010

this isn't no judge judy...

Ok. So, I have decided to read the book of Judges. Not going to lie, this is not an easy read. I finished chapter 3 today and man, this is some good stuff. I am excited for chapter 4 and if I didn't have work in a half hour, I would read it right now! (Deborah is in chapter 4.. can you say girl power? haha. kidding. no really, we rock). Anyways, I am still hooked on chapter 2. Chapter 2 verse 22 was powerful. It gave me insight into my own life. 

God made the decision to allow the Israelites to be tested because of their disobedience. At first that makes no sense at all in my head. However, I looked back over my own rebellion and there times I doubted the existence of God. Just like God left Israel, I think He had had left me to be tested. I walked through some serious pain, but today I can shout for praise because Christ has redeemed me. I am covered by the blood of the Lamb. Now, that is rad. 

God is so amazing! He knows us better than anyone else. Just like in Judges, He saw the hearts of His children and He knew what it would take for them to wake up and stop bowing down to their false gods. God knew exactly what I had to walk through, He knew my rebellion was there and He let me hit the point where I knew without a doubt, I couldn't make it another day unless I had Him.

I am amazed to this day of His love. I am amazed and excited to know I have an inheritance with Christ. I didn't find myself in the middle of a party life style. I found my true self at the feet of Christ, where His grace and love flow freely to all who want it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment